Hi all - Hope all your winter MG projects are coming along. Here's our first newsletter for 2011. Please pass this onto your officer's, newsletter editors, webmasters and your members.
1. DRIVE YOUR MGA DAY - This annual event is set for May 7, 2011. Let's get this date posted on your club's calendar. Why not take some pics and write an article for MGA! about what you did to celebrate "Drive Your MGA Day".
2. CONTACT RESPONSIBILITIES - We've attached the position descriptions for both chapter and interest group contacts. Please review them and note that a NAMGAR chapter or interest group contact is the primary communicator between NAMGAR and the club's or interest group's members.
3. MGA! - As a chapter contact you should be receiving an extra issue of MGA! magazine. This extra issue should be taken to meetings and events and shared with members. It's meant both as a communication tool and an advertising tool for NAMGAR.
4. WEB SITE - Your chapter or interest group is missing a free opportunity to publicize your organization if you are not fully utilizing NAMGAR's web site (www.namgar.com) to announce events or update the MGA community about your club or interest group. Is your club's logo on the web site?
5. Renkenberger Spirit Award - We've attached the guidelines for submittals for the Renkenberger Spirit Award. It's totally free to a club or interest group and the award recipient does not have to belong to NAMGAR.
6. EDITOR / COPY EDITOR - NAMGAR is seeking both a new editor and a new copy editor. Please inquire within your club or interest group if there is someone who would be interested in serving in these positions.
7. NAMGAR EVENTS in 2011:
"Parrots In Paradise" - A NAMGAR Regional Event - Key West FL - April 25 - 28. This is a real hoot if you've never been plus the drive over the causeway down to Key West is fabulous. Contact Rob Camblin @ firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
GT 36 - RENO - A Western Experience - Reno / Tahoe NV - June 13 - 17. It's in conjunction with the 4th "every five years all MG event". Go to www.MG2011.com for info.
Rallye To Reno - It's a drive along RT 50 starting in Ocean City, MD and cruising on out to Reno with numerous other MGers. Go to www.RallyetoReno.com for details.
NAMGAR AT SOLOMONS ISLAND - A NAMGAR Regional Event - September 28 - October 2 - Go to www.mga-midatlantic.org for details.
For those of you contacts in winter climates, spring is less than a month away so get all those winter projects completed. For those of you contacts in warmer climates enjoy your MGs and have a good run on your special MG road. Till next time, Lee & Liz Niner - NAMGAR Chapter & Interest Group Coordinators