Hi all - Wow, we can't believe that we're already headed into the holiday season. We hope that both your MG experiences and your chapter's events were many. Here are some items that you need to take action on and/or pass on to your officers and your newsletter editor and web site coordinators. Of course you can also share them with your chapter or interest group's members.
1. NAMGAR AD - We have attached the current NAMGAR ad that should be running in your newsletters and web sites. This ad reflects the current dues schedule and is the only one that should be used. Several newsletters are still utilizing the old ad that has the outdated dues schedule. Please check your chapter's / interest group's newsletter an/or web site and make sure that your publication and web site reflect this current ad.
2. Renkenberger Spirit Award - Three chapters or interest groups elected to award one of their members this award in 2010. For 2011 ask your officers or members if there isn't such a person(s) that have done so much for your chapter or interest group that surely they deserve such an award. It is a no cost item that NAMGAR supplies to the chapter or interest group to present. You have read about previous Rekenberger Spirit Award recipients in MGA!, wouldn't you want your chapter or interest group to be recognized as caring enough to present such an award?
3. MGA! Editor - Please request your newsletter editors to post the following in your chapter or interest group publications: MGA! NEWSLETTER EDITOR - If you're into editing and publishing newsletters on a local level and want to try your hand with the next level, contact Steve Mazurek at email@example.com as NAMGAR is in need of an editor in the second half of 2011.
4. Newest Chapter - Please welcome the Rhody MGs Car Club as the 52nd affiliated NAMGAR chapter. The chapter contacts are Joe & JoAnn Sabatino and the Rhodys are an all MG club located in Rhode Island. There are currently two other car clubs seeking affiliation.
5. NAMGAR Web site - This site just keeps getting better and now there's the NAMGAR Store. Check it out for holiday gifts. It's hard to believe but a few chapters still have not supplied their logo and a short chapter write up. Please check out your chapter on the NAMGAR Web site and if you're a guilty party, make the logo and the write up happen and forward tem to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also send our web site coordinators your club's 2011 significant events and they will post them on the events section of the web site. Here's another thought, at your next indoor meeting get everybody around a couple of PC's and do a group navigation of NAMGAR's web site. There's lots to see and learn.
6. Chapter & Interest Group Annual Check Up - Once a year chapters and interest groups are required to report on their current status. A separate Email will be sent out to contacts indicating what information is required. The NAMGAR Board takes this requirement seriously so any chapter or interest group failing to respond will be considered in non compliance of the agreement between NAMGAR and its chapters and interest groups and as such will be discussed by the Board on an individual basis for action.
7. Regionals - Take a look at your 2011 events calendar and see if one of your events might make a good NAMGAR Regional. We attended the Pocono Regional at the end of last September and had a ball. Heck a regional could be a car show, a long weekend, a rallye or whatever you want to make it. Why not include other NAMGAR people and cars with one of your local events. Contact Bruce Woodson at email@example.com for assistance in setting up a regional. Don't forget that the Key West Regional is coming up April, 25 - 28, 2011. Check www.namgar.com for details.
8. Focus Events - The MG Vintage Racers NAMGAR Interest Group is having their Focus Event West at Infineon Raceway in California April 8 - 10, 2011 and their Focus Event East at Lime Rock Park, CT September 3 - 5, 2011. Check www.namgar.com for details. Congrats to the MG Vintage Racers who will be celebrating their 30th anniversary in 2011.
9. Rallye To Reno - Now's the season for your chapter or interest group's 2011 planning meeting and don't forget to put MG 2011 and the Rallye To Reno on your club's events schedule. Details of both can be found at www.namgar.com. BTW - the host club for MG 2011 is the Reno British Car Club, a NAMGAR chapter.
10. Thanks for the efforts you put into being contacts and have a wonderful holiday season. Don't forget those MGs can be taken out during the winter months and so can you! Questions, concerns or general feedback please don't hesitate to contact us.
Lee & Liz Niner - NAMGAR Chapter & Interest Group Coordinators